Family vacations are perfect to create unforgettable childhood memories. But only if everyone enjoys them and if there is enough to do for the kids and parents. But how do you pick kid friendly vacations? And how do you make sure it stays an affordable family vacation?
There are a few things that can make your vacation more “kids friendly” and I would categorise them as follows
- Kid friendly on the budget
- Kid friendly on the service
- Kid friendly on the activities
Below you will find some great tips on how to pick a kid friendly vacation in all these areas. With this in mind you make sure your next family trip is one of the most kid friendly vacations you ever had.
Budget Considerations For Vacations With Kids
If you want to travel with your kids you might want to watch your spending as it can get quite out of hand if you have to pay for 3, 4 or 5 people instead of just one or two. Here are some tips to get the most bang out of your buck.
- Airlines often have travel deals for young passengers even though they don’t advertise it heavilly
- Some Resorts let kids stay for free – ask before you book
- Check out vacation packages and all inclusive resorts for great family friendly offers
- Look for “family-friendly” restaurants with discounted kid menus or “kids eat for free” offers
- Travel during the off season, and taking advantage of weekday rates whenever possible as you will get better deals
- Consider to travel during promotional periods , you can get really good deals on accommodation as well as travel cost. Ask around before you decide on your travel time to find out what is available and when
- Why not take several short (weekend) trips instead of one long three week excursion? You can experience more places on the same budget
- Have you explored your own “backyard”? wherever you live, chances are you haven’t seen all the attractions that are there. Load up the car and stop and smell some of the roses in your neck of the woods.